Carlingford Lough will not feature in the Aintree Grand National next Saturday.
The four-time Grade One winner had been the subject of plenty of attention ahead of the race, but has now been withdrawn from the field.
"Carlingford Lough will not run," Frank Berry, racing manager for owner JP McManus, revealed.
"He needs a bit more time and will probably go to Punchestown."
McManus will keep five horses in the field after Monday's five-day declaration, with retained rider Barry Geraghty likely to delay his final choice of mount until nearer the weekend.
McManus's five are: Gilgamboa, Gallant Oscar, Pendra, Shutthefrontdoor and Cause Of Causes.
"We'll confirm five, but I've had no indication yet from Barry as to which way he's leaning," Berry added.
"We'll see how they are all nearer the time as a lot can happen with horses in a week.
"At this stage, though, they are all in good form. He might be waiting to see if Cause Of Causes gets in but I wouldn't be very hopeful of that."